Saturday, March 14

Spring Break 2009

Well, we are finally back...it has been a very long, but fun, week. We decided to go see Great Granny and "Aunt Josh and Katelyn" and maybe take in a bit of beach and nice weather in the process.

The weather was absolutely beautiful and we ended up at the beach twice--once in Fernandina Beach and once in St Augustine. Fernandina is always the old standby since it is where we always went growing up but the water tends to churn up alot of sand there for some reason that I pretend to understand but really dont. I have a real fear of a riptide stealing my kids...

The second beach day we decided to go to St Aug. since it is the same distance from Katelyn's house. We went to Anastasia State Park--which i highly recommend. It cost us $5 to park, but no cars on the beach, plenty of parking and a snack bar/bathrooms/showers, etc. Very nice and worth the $5 for sure.

We also ate dinner with some high-school friends that also happen to be "facebook friends"--which is fun and also kinda weird since you feel like you see them all the time and in actuality, never do. They tell me I update my status so often that they know what side my hair is parted on (left, always--fyi Don). Next time we are meeting halfway since we had to drive so far. If anyone knows a good restaurant in Atlanta, let me know. That should be about halfway.

We had lots of good fun with Aunt Katelyn and wish "Aunt Josh" wouldnt have had to work the whole time. The oysters were delicious and just how i like them, whether Chris thought they were "burnt" or not. Great Granny and the Aunts/Uncles/Cousins all seem to be doing well and we were glad to get to see them, too.

Anywhoo, a great time was had by all!! See my photostream for all the pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment