Thursday, May 21

All Hail Summer Vacation!!

This is the last full week of school. I hate the last full week of school. We are so busy it is just ridiculous and the kids are in school for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They watch movies everyday and field day and field trips and so on and so on. Anyway, here are some highlights of the week so far.

First event of the week was the Liver Lip's awards day. We were given the "secret" note that told us to show up, so we did. She got a science award, a language arts award and a certificate because she got First Place in the county wide math competition.
IMG_6440
Doesnt she look thrilled--in typical middle schooler fashion?
IMG_6437




Next on the agenda was the fabulous musical put on at the elementary school. It seems to get larger every year and I think the music teacher outdid herself this year. Different classes did different eras starting in the 1920s with some flappers and ending with Miley Cyrus (bleah). My favorites were the 50s, of course, because one of those little greasers belongs to me, but a special shout out to our favorite 4th grade teacher ever and her class's rendition of the Thriller video...awesome!!
IMG_6448

The color on these is horrible....that gym is sooo dark and with those mercury lights...awful.
Here is some 50s dancing for you.
IMG_6483
IMG_6482

Janis and Jimi
IMG_6499

THRILLER!!--none of these kids are even mine, but I got immense joy out of this performance....
IMG_6511
IMG_6516

These are all the cuties from his class...
IMG_6533

And here is a shot of the greasers because little boys are just cute!!
IMG_6540



Next event up was the Spring Fling that the PTO puts on...me being a member of that means I was waaaaay too involved and I have the sunburn to prove it.

Snow cones...
IMG_6601

Giant bouncy climbing things...
IMG_6558

A beach chair relay race between the PTO and the teachers...yes, that is me and no I did not fall down....and yes, we whipped their.......we won!!
IMG_6613

Much fun all around...and his class won some beanbag thing that I didnt get to see because I was shaving sno-cone ice.
IMG_6623



Finally--yes this is too long--today was Elementary Awards day. We are the social studies guru!!


4 comments:

  1. So I asked my boy middle school child the dumbest question this morning..."So did Julia get an award?" Seriously they both stopped in the middle of pouring their cereal and stared at me as if the village idiot had just spoken. OK, OK, it was a stupid question!
    Congrats, Julia!
    And the Social Studies Guru too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slept much? Congrats to all the award winners and especially for completing another tedious year of wholesome education. When exactly are you going to find time to fly across the world, dear sister?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, that last picture of Jackson looks like you pasted your face on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am exhausted...I am sooo over this school year. And I know, that poor kid looks exactly like me.

    ReplyDelete