Monday, August 10

First Day of School 2009

Way too soon we have come to a new school year. None of us are particularly happy about it, but then nobody really asked us what we thought. If they had we would have told them that on tv, all the kids go back in the fall...when it is cool...when leaves are falling off trees and you can wear hoodies on the first day. Instead, it is 99 degrees in the shade, the leaves are burning off the trees from too much heat and lack of water and it is smack dab in the middle of what could have been a great summer if it had lasted maybe 4 weeks longer.

Anywhoo....my kids looked cute. Though they are decidedly not little enough for me to dress them all pretty and cute for their first day, they took great pains in picking out their own first day outfits. I just made a slight suggestion here and there. We are also in a whole new hairdo world this year, so the flat iron was getting a workout this morning.

Julia had met her teachers the other night at orientation so we knew her's already. She is happy with her schedule, her teachers and about starting algebra this year. Jack got Mrs. Lemley which made us very happy. Julia had her in 4th grade too and she is her most favorite teacher ever, so we are hoping Jack will feel the same way....so far, he is loving her.

So, without further ado, the rug-rats in all their glory....

This is the tree they pose "underneath" every year with their sign. This sign is lame because I made it with a crayon 5 minutes before we left because the printer is out of ink. Also, obviously, they no longer fit under the tree.
IMG_7646

Close up...
IMG_7648

This is the full outfits....and I want no crap out of you people about Jackson's shirt. He just laughed so hard and so completely adorably after he had this all laid out on his floor with the socks and everything and I got my first look at it. I told him to pick out something nice and he thought he was so clever....I couldn't tell him no. I have to admit, he did look pretty damn cute.
As for Julia, you can tell by the attitude how cool she thought she looked....
IMG_7650

This is what I am dealing with....
IMG_7652

One more of the backpack you cant see in the others.
IMG_7656

So, all in all, a great start to what we hope will be a great year!

6 comments:

  1. they look so old!!!!! ughh it kinda makes me sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! Is that Lindajane as in my actual mother Lindajane?! For real? I am so very proud of you at this moment (sniff).

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually that comment was a whole paragraph but all that came out was one word and the rest got eaten up like I always try to tell you people that happens on this computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the whole comment was that I take full responsibility for the attitude that radiates from those cute faces because for a long time now I have prayed that you would get one or two just like you.

    ReplyDelete