Wednesday, September 1

Metaphors involving flatulence (not really)

Julia loves her some Tokio Hotel.  Tokio Hotel is a German band,  aren't even from Tokyo, and obviously can't spell.  Also, Tokio Hotel looks kinda.....goofy. She thinks they look awesome. They dont...they look goofy. Even knowing how this blog post is going to end (she is sitting right beside me), she is still indignant that I would even say such a thing. I am forced to remember myself at the EXACT same age sitting in the back of a crappy grey oldsmobile on an infamous trip through Death Valley (my parent's "vacations" are legendary and involve endless hours of driving). I was reading (aloud) to my my mother the pointless ramblings---TOKIO HOTEL IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!---sorry, i walked off for two seconds and Julia came in here and hacked me!

Anyway, I was reading aloud to my mother from Star Hits magazine (only for cool people) and I remember the quote exactly...it was Andy Taylor that said it. I remember because my mother was extremely irritated and agitated after i read it and told me to stop reading immediately and that Andy Taylor was nasty. The interviewer asked him what he enjoyed or something and he said, "metaphors involving flatulence". I had no idea what flatulence was...or metaphors for that matter. (Just more proof that my daughter is smarter than me because she knew immediately.) I had to look it up in the dictionary once we got home because neither parent would tell me what flatulence was the entire trip! My mother never did enjoy "entertainment" or the word "fart"...but i digress....

Julia put a new facebook profile pic up today...it's nuts.
This is Bill Kaulitz, singer and her beloved.
46449_1267197658447_1784990773_517293_2560762_n
I do not deny that his hair is only made to look less silly by the enormous amount of makeup he is wearing, but then per-chance you have met Mr. Nick Rhodes, keyboardist extraordinaire.....
155529__nick_l
Julia says Nick's problem is that his hair looks too normal and it doesnt balance the makeup properly. I say Nick (awesome jumpsuit) always did look girly, but it a kind good, sorta cuteish way...i would never go so far as to say Nick was "sexy", that was Simon (singer and my beloved). I have a thing for singers...
BWSIMON-2

Julia right now is about to cry...she keeps saying "Why are we the same?! I am so much cooler than you!! Whaaaaa!!"
Read em and weep, Julia!!

Duran Duran
IMG_0085

Tokio Hotel
THM2

____________________
Duran Duran
IMG_0087

Tokio Hotel
tokio_hotel

____________________
Duran Duran
IMG_0086

Tokio Hotel
IMG_0091

____________________
Duran Duran
IMG_0088

Tokio Hotel
IMG_0089

Yes, Julia. You are cooler than me RIGHT NOW, but I was freaking AWESOME 20 years ago!! So there!!!  Duran Duran ROCKS!!!!!!

Nein!!! Tokio Hotel Rocks!!!!!!!

Shut up, Julia and stop talking to me in German. Have i mentioned she is learning German because of them...?  For the record, Julia, Georg is the hot one.

No comments:

Post a Comment